Highland Academy Charter School
A Student-Centered Approach…
At Highland Academy we recognize that every child learns in their own unique way, and our dedicated teaching staff recognizes that. If a child learns best from auditory lessons, visual demonstration, or tactile labs we provide environments specifically to enrich each learning child’s learning experience.
Learning Beyond The Classroom…
While a solid classroom experience and proven curriculum are the foundation of our student experience we also understand that there is no substitute for real-world experience. This being the case we regularly engage in educational field trips and exploratory learning to bring education to life.
Parent & Family Involvement…
At Highland Academy Charter School we believe that educational goals are best reached together, with parents and family being an integral part of the process. It is for this reason we regularly invite parents and family members to be a part of the educational experience and school based activities.
- December 20th – Last Day of the 1st Semester
- December 21st through January 5th – Winter Break (No School)
- January 15th – Martin Luther King Jr. Day (No School)
- January 22nd through January 26th – School Choice Week
- February 7th – Parent Information Meeting @ 6 pm in the MPR
- February 16th through February 23rd – President’s Week (No School)
- February 27th – Parent Information Meeting @ 6 pm in the MPR
- March 1st – Open Enrollment Begins @ 7:30 am in the MPR
- March 23rd – Open Enrollment Closes @ 3:30 pm
- March 26th through March 30th – Spring Break (No School)
- April 4th – Enrollment Lottery @ 3 pm in the MPR
What Parents & Students are Saying…
Highland Academy has been a blessing to our community as well as to our family. The staff is extremely supportive in all aspects and have provided a great learning environment for my children. I appreciate the communication as well as the support Mr. Bishop puts forth and his eagerness to challenge the kids to their fullest potential. I am looking forward to future years with Highland Academy.
We Love Highland Charter Academy for the quality of the service relationship it gives to our children. Charter Academy Screams Success!!!
We love Highland Academy! It is where small town values meet Academic Excellence!
I love the small community environment. It feels like family.
I love the responsibility handed down to the students. Great family environment. What I like best is the classroom size and time given to the students to learn.
We love Highland Academy because it gave us an alternative that included quality education, caring staff and administrators and most importantly a safe environment for our daughter . Best move we ever made.
I am happy my child goes to Highland Academy because she is not exposed to all the normal middle school drama. She has not witnessed any fights and she is happy to go to school every day.
I like Highland Academy because we use tablets instead of books, we finish most of our work at school, and we have fun teachers.